Unauthorized Plenty of Fish Feedback Corner #293:
(1) Do not organize your life around the zodiac (“I’m an Aquarius, so I can’t date Capricorns” is code for “I’m crazy, and have an extensive collection of crystals”
(2) Get outdoors, smile, for the love of god look fun and interesting. Take your cue from how they advertise new cars. Fast! Clean! Exciting! Zoom Zoom!
(3) If your pictures look boring, or you look bored in them, you’re probably the one who’s boring.
(4) Unless it’s your parents, posing with members of the opposite sex for your dating site photos is confusing. Are you available? Hung up on an ex or close friend? Actually if it’s your parents, that also presents it’s own problems.
(5) Minimize bling. Anyone who chooses you because of your bling is going to take it away from you in the inevitable breakup.
And above all…
(6) The world does not owe you an exact match to pander to your raging narcissism, and you probably wouldn’t be happy with someone like that anyways. We do our best, but if you want to be in a relationship, look up compromise in the dictionary.